Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oreo Muffins - Delicious!

Oreo Muffins



My son loves muffins, if I haven't mentioned it before.  I think I have 5 different kinds in the freezer right now.  I make a batch, we eat them for breakfast, and they immediately go in the freezer.  Works great!  Then when he wants muffins again another day, he gets to pick what kind he wants.  I take one out, microwave it for 30 seconds, and he get a warm muffin for breakfast!  

I saw this recipe on Knead for Speed, and knew I just had to make it.  So when I had Oreo's left from making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew exactly how to use them up.  Because eating them straight out of the bag by the handful seemed like a bad idea.  As much as I wanted to, I had to resist! 

Oreo Muffins
Recipe from Knead for Speed
Printable Recipe

Muffins:
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup skim milk
12 Oreos, coarsely crushed

Streusel:
2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, diced
6 Oreos, finely crushed

Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.  Grease or line muffin tin with liners.

Prepare streusel first.  Stir together flour, sugar, and finely crushed Oreos in a small bowl.  Cut in butter until consistency becomes like coarse meal.  Refrigerate 10 minutes.



Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.  Set aside.



Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, stirring between additions.  Add vanilla.  Add flour all at once.  Mix on low speed for a few seconds, then add milk and continue mixing just until incorporated.  Fold in crushed oreos.




Divide batter between 10-12 muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full.  Evenly sprinkle Oreo streusel atop batter.



Bake 16-18 minutes, or until done.

Erin Sellin is a writer for Taking Time for Mommy, moderator of the Time 4 Mommy Foodie Group and owner of Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts.
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

4 comments:

Unknown on Sun Jul 31, 06:22:00 PM 2011 said...

These looks wonderful. We love oreoes!

Ashley S on Mon Aug 01, 07:00:00 AM 2011 said...

These look delicious :)

Erin Wallace on Mon Aug 01, 07:12:00 PM 2011 said...

These look so delicious that they should be illegal! I have a "problem" wwith Ore's; I've been known to eat the whole bag, so I keep them out of the house!

Becca on Wed Aug 03, 07:44:00 PM 2011 said...

These look fantastic!

 

Oreo Muffins - Delicious!

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities