Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blood Rights ARC Review


Title: Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)
Author: Kristen Painter
Pages: 392 (ARC copy)
Publisher: Orbit
Release Date: September 27, 2011 

The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely-wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarrĂ©—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.

My Thoughts - The fine ladies at Good Choice Reading allowed me to join their ARC tour for this book. I didn't even read the description, I saw the cover and HAD to review it.  (& some authors think covers don't matter - what ev-) The story is set in the not so distant future, a lot of is in New Florida which I found amusing. It has a hierarchy of vampires along with other mythical creatures and there are a special breed of humans bred for their blood. They're treated like Geishas.

The story heated up for me when Mal and Chrysabelle met. I love my characters flawed and Mal is to the extreme. I have to say he is my favorite although there were a cast of awesome characters. Doc is a shifter who can only turn into a house cat, he's in love with Fiona who happens to be a ghost and was Mal's first victim.

This book was an amazing first book in the series. LOVED IT!! I will own the whole series and I love the fact they are all coming out close together!

 Blood Rights comes out October 1st
Flesh and Blood November 2011
Bad Blood December 2011

A book was provided for my honest review, no other compensation was received
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

0 comments:

 

Blood Rights ARC Review

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities