Well, did you know that old makeup can harbor harmful bacteria,
yeast, and fungi that grow on their surface and transfer to you when you use it?
How long does makeup last?
Here are some general guide lines....
1. Lipstick is good 1 - 2 years so you can get 2 Christmas' out of that lipstick.
2. Mascara needs to be changed out every 4 months and it isn't good to share.
3. Nail Polish is good for about a year unless you put it in the fridge then it lasts much longer.
4. Lip liner & eye liner are good for up to 3yrs but make sure you are sharpening them often.
5. Foundation is goof for about a year but if it starts to lose it's consistency before then throw it away.
6. Eyeshadow is good for up to 3 yrs.
7. Facial creams and gel cleansers are good for a year.
If you are like me, you have piles of makeup and facial creams you get to go through now and throw some away.
Now when you buy new makeup, you can write the date you bought
it on the label to help you know when to throw it away and buy new.