Friday, April 15, 2011

Top 7 Things I Never Buy Generic

Coffeee img451

Coffee - I'm totally spoiled when it comes to coffee. It's the one vice I have left. I quit smoking, I'm dieting, and I'm not drinking, because I'm dieting. I'm a total coffee snob. When I'm out, I'll drink Starbucks. I would rather get a caffeine withdrawal migraine than drink  that burnt tasting stuff from McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts. I can only drink fresh coffee. The stuff that's been sitting around in a pot for awhile just isn't worth it.



Dish Detergent - When it comes to the dishwasher, the only brand that's ever worked consistently for me is Cascade powder. The gels seem to not get stuff clean enough for me and ever other powder I've tried seems to leave a film. When it comes to handwashing dishes, I try to always buy Dawn. I'm a sucker when it comes to animals, and I just think it's awesome how much money they've invested into helping with oil spill cleanups. 
Crystal Project xpaint
Paint - When we moved into our new home we quickly learned that it's cheaper and SO much easier to paint once with the good stuff than 3 or 4 times with the "cheap" stuff.


Razors - My skin is super sensitive. There's no point in shaving with a generic razor for me.

Shower head

Conditioner - While I have no problem buying the cheapest shampoo I can get, I have really thick, wavy hair that needs a good conditioner. It doesn't have to be the $20 a bottle stuff, but White Rain just ain't gonna cut it on my hair.

Sand bucket and flip flops

Flip Flops - There is nothing more annoying than a broken flip flop. Enough said. 


Jeans - Okay, maybe the only thing more annoying than a broken flip flop is a zipper that all of the sudden won't stay up.


What do you never buy generic?


Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

5 comments:

Book Lover on Fri Apr 15, 12:30:00 PM 2011 said...

hehe I buy all of those things generic except jeans and flip flops ~Mandie

Amy Snow on Fri Apr 15, 02:08:00 PM 2011 said...

Yep, coffee. It must be Starbucks. Dish soap as well. I love John Frieda hair products. I think that is about it.

Midnite Skys on Fri Apr 15, 02:08:00 PM 2011 said...

same here with the dish soap. but I can't use Dawn I am allergic. I use 7th Generation or Greenworks.
I have a ex BF that loves old coffee! Yuk! I do spoil myself once in a while Starbucks, but I get a strawberry Frap or a Apple spice..... most of the time! LOL
Again I am allergic to too many things... I have to say I do spend extra on both shampoo and conditioner because I rather pay a little extra that inch my head all day... cause that is so sexy.... LOL

Theresa on Fri Apr 15, 04:27:00 PM 2011 said...

I'm picky about all those things although I don't use conditioner.

I hear you about the jeans. The wrong pair can really be the WRONG pair if you know what I mean. I just look ridiculous in generic jeans.

MALINDA WINKLE on Sat Apr 16, 12:43:00 PM 2011 said...

You are so right. There are some things you just don't buy generic. My biggie is my favorite tea--Twinings English Breakfast.

I'm a new GFC follower. You may follow back on my blog: http://malindawinkle.blogspot.com where you will lots of free information about money matters.

Thanks!

Malinda

 

Top 7 Things I Never Buy Generic

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities