Monday, April 11, 2011

Homemade Mayo Recipe



When I first started working at the Fine Dining restaurant (that I eventually managed) I didn't know that you could make your own mayo!

That was a long time ago and I've been making it on and off for years.
Keep in mind it doesn't quite taste like store bought mayonnaise. It doesn't have the preservatives!

1 egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 tspn white pepper
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (I usually use olive oil for health benefits but veg tastes better)

You can either make this in a food processor or blender. Add egg, lemon juice, white pepper and process for 2 - 3 seconds. Leave machine running and slowly add oil. It should thicken within seconds.
Refrigerate.




Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

2 comments:

Alexis of NorthOnHarper on Tue Apr 12, 12:22:00 PM 2011 said...

Thanks for this!!! I knew that I could make mayo, but I didn't realize how easy it was!!!!
Thanks!

(Returning the visit/follow from your hop!)

Alexis of NorthOnHarper on Tue Apr 12, 12:22:00 PM 2011 said...

Thanks for this!!! I knew that I could make mayo, but I didn't realize how easy it was!!!!
Thanks!

(Returning the visit/follow from your hop!)

 

Homemade Mayo Recipe

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities