Friday, April 15, 2011

Top 7 Things I Always Buy Generic

Oatmeal

Oatmeal - I'm amazed that Quaker Oats has been in business as long as they have. Sure, I can understand buying the brand name flavored stuff, or the cereal and cereal bars they make, but plain rolled oats? Who buys Quaker Oats unless it's on sale AND they have a coupon?

Bleach-bottle


Bleach - Clorox is another brand that I'm surprised has managed to make a name for itself. Bleach is bleach people. Save your money!

US Army 52156 VA warns veterans of telephone prescription scam


Prescriptions & OTC Medications - I've never noticed a difference between brand name and generic. Have you?

Old Gas Pump


Gas - The only time I was tempted to go to a gas station that wasn't the cheapest was after the BP oil spill. I always buy the cheapest option at the cheapest gas station.

North market produce


Produce - Again, how did Dole make a name for itself? Fruits and vegetables are what they are. The only time I may pay more for one type of produce over another is for organic fruits and veggies that are found to be super high in chemicals when they aren't grown organically (i.e. - berries). The same goes for salt, rice and anything else that just is what it is.

Green Trash Bins


Trashbags - I've seen lots of commercials where the cheap garbage bags fail, but I've never experienced it. Until I do, I'll stick with the cheap stuff.

You are here - T-shirt


Tshirts - Some types of clothing, I believe, are worth paying more for, for functional reasons. Tshirts are not one of those for me. Plus, why should I pay more for some brand that I'm going around advertising for? If you want me to walk around with your brand name plastered all over my shirt, you should be paying me, not the other way around.

What do you always buy generic?
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

4 comments:

Ashley T on Fri Apr 15, 10:00:00 AM 2011 said...

Love it! I buy generic of all of those! and your right, t-shirts are t-shirts and i'm not gonna wear a brand just to help them out.

Midnite Skys on Fri Apr 15, 02:02:00 PM 2011 said...

hummm my family thinks they can taste the difference in the oatmeal but I bake with the generic! but true the medicines have to have the right dose to work so why spend the extra?
I get the store brand milk..... might not be generic but it taste the same as name brand to me.
Plus working at a grocery store I know many of the store brands are made by the name brand companies....So i get many things that are store brand.... chips, frozen vegetables, trash bags,,,,,, lemon lime juices...

Theresa on Fri Apr 15, 04:31:00 PM 2011 said...

I can agree on all but the produce. I don't by name brand but I do always buy local and/or organic. Of course we get a local CSA which is cheaper than anything I would pay at the store. Plus I get to put up food and herbs for the winter and save money on that as well.

Unknown on Sat Apr 16, 05:21:00 PM 2011 said...

I always buy bulk oatmeal!

 

Top 7 Things I Always Buy Generic

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities