Monday, March 28, 2011

Unplug - Could you do it?


Could you go without your computer a day? What about a week? How about a Month? More and more people are getting back to the basics and unplugging. Could you?
 
I went 8 months without a computer. It was hard, I mean really hard at first. It was terrifying and emotional. I didn't know what to do after my computer crashed. I lived on my computer and I didn't know what to do without it. After my computer crashed I would go and stare at it wishing it would fix it'self but it didn't. The tech at Staples said the hard drive was fried. My husband suggested I unplug for awhile. Why would I do that? I didn't have a problem. Isn't that what every addict says?
 
The first week I became anxious. I remember being so angry, mostly at my husband who
didn't understand that I had so much to do. He asked me 'Isn't there something else you could be doing?' What? Wasn't pacing around like a heroin addict doing something?


Soon we were starting school, then the holidays came. The online world became a distant memory. I started painting, working harder on my YA novel, and in general having more fun.
I really was living a much fuller life.

I'm back now but I learned a very valuable lesson.
I need to take time for myself and time for my family.

Now I have an amazing co-owner to help me and I'm on
a computer diet. I take the weekends off!


Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

0 comments:

 

Unplug - Could you do it?

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities