Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Millenium Diet

I recently had the opportunity to review The Millenium Diet: The Practical Guide for Rapid Weight Loss by Mark Davis, M.D.


I was eager to read this book, as it's written by someone whose medical practice has been devoted entirely to weight reduction and nutrition for over a decade. This guy is in the trenches and knows what works.


The Millenium Diet is an easy to read book that discusses not only nutrition, but also the mental and emotional aspects of obesity, including the 12 types of emotional hunger dieters need to overcome. As someone who has been obese for most of her adult life, I definitely found the chapter on the psychology of obesity to be quite eye opening.


The diet menu itself definitely looks doable, but here is the only problem I have with the book... no vegetarian options! :-(


Being a vegetarian, I won't be able try the diet exactly as it is laid out in the book, however I found The Millenium Diet to be quite informative in many other ways and helpful in my current weight loss journey. 


Disclaimer - I received this book for my honest opinion, no other compensation was received.


Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

1 comments:

SuzyEats on Thu Mar 31, 08:52:00 AM 2011 said...

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
-www.suzyeats.com

 

The Millenium Diet

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities