Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Homemade Pizza & Recipe Hop

I make my own pizza dough and people rave about my pizza so I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Mandie's PIzza Dough -
   I make this in my bread maker 
    1 1/2 cup of water
     4 cups of flour
     2 tbsp olive oil
     herbs, salt, garlic powder to taste
    2 tsps of Fleischmann's Breadmachine yeast

Add water and olive oil then the flour. I sprinkle the herbs, salt, and garlic powder on top then make a littl hole in the flour where I add the yeast. Close the lid and program the bread machine to Quick Dough.

When it's finished I roll the dough out and make 2 pizzas.

Mandie's Pizza Sauce (you can use jarred too - I like fire roasted)


  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree



  • 1/4 cup water



  • 1 teaspoon sugar



  • 1 teaspoon olive oil



  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice



  • 1/4 teaspoon salt



  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano



  • 1/8 teaspoon basil



  • 1/8 teaspoon thyme



  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 
    1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
    2. Bring to a boil.
    3. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.



  • I add whatever I have on hand and a lot of it is out of my garden. This is a very inexpensive treat and much better than having it delivered.

    Now for the recipe Hop

    Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
    We Love Comments
    Share This

    1 comments:

    Rosilind Jukic on Wed May 11, 08:54:00 AM 2011 said...

    I am so going to try this! It sounds great.

     

    Homemade Pizza & Recipe Hop

    Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

    Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
    In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities