Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nightmare Neighbors.

The 'Burbs is one of my dh's favorites.
Benjamin Franklin said, "Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." Why is it that we hear about so many people having problems with their neighbors? What makes a good neighbor?

The other day I saw a friend on Facebook put "has sucky new neighbors" on her status. I don't know this woman extremely well, but really like her, and instantly felt sorry for her. I've had my own share of "sucky neighbors" in the past. I clicked the link to expand the comments to see just what made her neighbors so sucky.

Upon reading the comments to her status, I discover that her the new neighbors that have just moved into the neighborhood have called animal control on her, because she lets her dog out without a leash. In her mind, it was okay to do that, because her dog is sweet and old and never goes more than 3 houses away. Apparently, her new neighbors didn't agree with her. However, there were a dozen people commenting on my friend's status consoling her and agreeing with her that her new neighbors were in the wrong. 

First of all, I have to reiterate that, while I have only met this woman a few times, I really do like her.  She seems like a very nice person. However, if I had moved into a new home, and my neighbor was letting her dog wander around the neighborhood, I'd be pretty ticked off too. I have two dogs myself, and dog poop clean-up is not fun. It's even less fun to discover, by stepping in the wrong place, that you've missed something during dog poop cleanup. It's bad enough cleaning up my own dogs' poop; I don't want to have to do it for other people too. 

Now, I probably wouldn't call animal control, but I probably would grumble to my husband occasionally, shoo the dog out of my yard in front of the neighbor, or might even get up the nerve to ask the neighbor to keep her dog out of my yard... although I would really hate to have to be put in that position.  

So, what do you think? 
Does she have "sucky new neighbors"? 
What's your "nightmare neighbor" story?




Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

0 comments:

 

Nightmare Neighbors.

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities