Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Expedition Australia Home schooling Curriculum Review




I've been homeschooling my girls in one form or another since my oldest was 2. They are now 5 & 3.  I spend hours every week coming up with lesson plans, coordinating books and videos so my girls get a well rounded lesson. We utilize the computer and our local library as much as possible to keep the price down. I do this because while homeschooling is the best choice for my family, it can get very expensive.

I was excited when we received Expedition Australia, a Download and Go Unit Study By Amanda Bennett and The Old Schoolhouse to review. I wouldn't have to search and put together lessons this week whoo hoo! This program is for children from k - 4th grade. It's a weeks worth of lessons that are very hands on.
 
I admit, I was a little worried that it wouldn't hold my 5yr old's attention for too long because of her age but that was hardly the case.  She kept asking for more!
 
This program was really amazing. It had videos, she has learned her continents, and she's even running around the house "speaking" Austrailian to everyone with the vocabulary words she learned. It was very interactive! You can make a lapbook to go along with it. (We haven't done that yet but intend on it - Here is a site about lapbooks
 
She looked up the time here and a city in Australia which she thought was the neatest thing. A little of it was above her head but that was alright, it just means we can use it again and again. It is up to 4th grade. She will get a lot of use out of it. My 3 yr old was even sticking her nose in and asking questions which made this mommy very happy. 
 
What did I love the most about it? I didn't have to spend all that time putting together a lesson plan of course. There was so much packed into this study that I wouldn't have been able to come up with something so cool any way. The best part was the price. $7.95 You can buy several of them together with their bundle option and Save. So extra time for this mommy and affordable, yep.I give this an A+!!
 
My daughter has even picked out which one she wants to study next :)



Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

2 comments:

Pamela on Tue May 04, 10:15:00 PM 2010 said...

Mandi I would love some links to sites you use for lesson plans. This one is a little too old for Kayden right now. He loves to be challenged!

Darla on Wed May 05, 03:20:00 PM 2010 said...

I would love to check into this for Ethan. He is not strictly homeschooled but we are always looking for new and interesting ways to learn at home! I would particularly love this because I think it is very important for my children to be exposed to other cultures around the world! This curriculum sounds engaging and very educational!

 

Expedition Australia Home schooling Curriculum Review

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities