Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lord of Shadows Book Review


Lord of Shadows

Description

Who is working the demon arts . . .
Was it her murdered father? Her fugitive brother? It has been seven years since Lady Sabrina Douglas cloistered herself with the Sisters of High Danu, but the questions remain. She is Other—a mixture of Fey and mortal—quietly using her powers to heal. That is, until she saves a half-drowned man, his soldier's body a roadmap of scars, his fathomless eyes filled with heartbreaking loneliness. The inexplicable connection overwhelms her defenses, touching her heart, mind . . . and body. . . .


and to what end?
A man with no memory, Daigh MacLir seeks his past even as unknown threats fill him with monstrous rage and inhuman abilities. But as a desperate game of hunter and hunted is played out from ballrooms to bedrooms, what Daigh discovers is more chilling than anyone could possibly imagine. Defying death was only the first step in the task he has been given, and Sabrina is his last hope. But dare he risk involving her? Daigh has been summoned to find an ancient king, and even the powers of love may not be enough to win the battle against the powers of darkness.
Browse Inside

Mandie's Thoughts - Can we say hot cover? Two things I love - the paranormal and historical fiction. This book has both, I'm not sure what my problem was but I couldn't love it no matter how hard I tried. Let me say this book was well written and had everything that I should have loved. I can't quite tell you why I didn't love it, maybe I couldn't get into their world? It left me a little cold. It wasn't bad by any means but I only thought it was good, not great and I expected more. 

A product was received for review for my honest opinion, no ohter compensation was received.
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

0 comments:

 

Lord of Shadows Book Review

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities