Thursday, May 20, 2010

Remove Pesticides from Fruits and Vegetables



To remove pesticides, bacteria, and dirt form the surface of smooth skinned vegetables and fruits, mix one part lemon juice or white or distilled vinegar to three parts tap water. Apply with a spray bottle and let sit for one minute. Rinse with cool water and dry completely before storing.

Learn more tips like this from 101 Things I learned in Culinary School
3 Book Giveaway on Mommy Reads too Much.

Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

2 comments:

London on Thu May 20, 09:39:00 PM 2010 said...

This is great info! I've been buying a fruit/veggi spray on cleanser so this will save me some $, and I don't have to worry about running out! Thanks - London

We HEART reading on Mon May 24, 09:06:00 AM 2010 said...

Scary stuff for sure! I know I like the fact that I can grow my own veggies as well as order from an organic co-op. Great information. Aubrey

 

Remove Pesticides from Fruits and Vegetables

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities