Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eco-Friendly Etsy Finds


I love the idea of taking old items and making them into something brand new and use able. By reusing items you save money, reduce waste and it's doing something positive for the enviroment since these items won't end up in the land fill.
Here are some great shops I found that have done just that. They are "Upcycling" and have some really awesome gift giving ideas.
1. The first is Dr. Craze's shop with the Wine Wedge pictured to the left. All of their items are made from at least 50% reycled materials and most of the exposed glass items was collected from their local beach. This awsome wine wedge is only $25!
Photobucket
2. Next I came across V. On'Neill's Unique Fiber & Mixed Media Art Design shop. Reused Christmas Cards were made into these adorable little Tags. Only $6 for 25 die-cut and hand assembled tags.
Photobucket
3. I LOVE these recycled Scrabble tiles, they are actually easy to make if you can get your hands on the tiles. I found this beautiful "I Believe, Santa tile" at Jesse Jane's Shop. She has an array of different tiles for moms, teens, co-workers etc... they make very affordable gifts (Only $5.50 each!) and she offeres free shipping worldwide!
Photobucket
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

10 comments:

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery on Thu Nov 12, 03:23:00 PM 2009 said...

my secret santa at work is soooo getting a wine wedge for christmas! we have a $25 limit.

thanks for the tip and thanks for following me blog!

http://www.thewannabewahm.com

Susan Fobes on Thu Nov 12, 08:48:00 PM 2009 said...

I love these! What wonderful ideas for gift giving!

JENIE=) on Thu Nov 12, 11:28:00 PM 2009 said...

looks like a nice day to go
chillaxin in the spa. click and read more =)

Richele McFarlin on Fri Nov 13, 01:52:00 AM 2009 said...

I love making old things new also! A little "trash to treasure" really gets the creative juices flowing!

Following back from MBC! THANKS!

rinelle on Sat Nov 14, 07:56:00 AM 2009 said...

Happy Weekend! Your visit is a blessing! God Bless!

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip on Mon Nov 16, 02:27:00 PM 2009 said...

Great tips!! I just found your blog on MBC. Super cute!!! I am following you also. I love your design and the things you post about. Awesome.

Will visit again soon!

Naomi de la Torre from

http://www.organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/

ellen on Tue Nov 17, 03:53:00 AM 2009 said...

I have added you in links. Hope you can link me up too. Thank You and God Bless!

ANewKindOfPerfect on Tue Nov 17, 09:29:00 PM 2009 said...

I am a new follower and I really like your blog! I just signed up for the Hello Kitty freebies, I love HK! :) I also love the Scrabble tile artwork. Cool!

*Mom's Best Bets on Wed Nov 18, 05:48:00 PM 2009 said...

Hi...nice post:)I wanted to answer your question about psylium-it is basically a dietary fiber and can be used to thicken
Yes, it's in the vitamin shoppe and most health food stores..NOW is a good brand. (I know what you mean about your guests...I'm making 3 pies (2 organic and 1 raw)..Happy baking:)

Organize Your Life on Fri Nov 20, 04:45:00 AM 2009 said...

What a great business - recyling and re-using is definitely the way to go!

Found you on fff at MBC. Look forward to seeing you at my blog Organize Your Life Now

Thanks,
Claire McFee
Author

Organize Your Life Organizers

 

Eco-Friendly Etsy Finds

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities