Friday, March 12, 2010

How long does your makeup last?


Do you own that lipstick that can only be worn around Christmas because any other time you look like a working girl? Or own an eyeshadow you hardly wear but can't bring yourself to throw away because the color has been discontinued?

Well, did you know that old makeup can harbor harmful bacteria,
yeast, and fungi that grow on their surface and transfer to you when you use it?

How long does makeup last?
Here are some general guide lines....

1. Lipstick is good 1 - 2 years so you can get 2 Christmas' out of that lipstick.

2. Mascara needs to be changed out every 4 months and it isn't good to share.

3. Nail Polish is good for about a year unless you put it in the fridge then it lasts much longer.

4. Lip liner & eye liner are good for up to 3yrs but make sure you are sharpening them often.

5. Foundation is goof for about a year but if it starts to lose it's consistency before then throw it away.

6. Eyeshadow is good for up to 3 yrs.

7. Facial creams and gel cleansers are good for a year.

If you are like me, you have piles of makeup and facial creams you get to go through now and throw some away.

Now when you buy new makeup, you can write the date you bought
it on the label to help you know when to throw it away and buy new.


Photobucket


Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

6 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy on Fri Mar 12, 11:40:00 AM 2010 said...

I am bookmarking this page out to print... Very educational post... Now I am looking a differently at my makeup, lol! Thanks for the heads up on when to toss!
Have a great weekend!

More than a Mom on Fri Mar 12, 12:32:00 PM 2010 said...

That's a good idea to write the date on the label! I definitely have products that are trash bound now!

Midnite Skys on Fri Mar 12, 12:38:00 PM 2010 said...

I have had the problem of my mascara drying out quickly. A friend that is a beautician told me that I should buy it from a beauty supply store because they watch the expiration dates. But I think it's just me because I have very sensitive skin and things can start to bother me if they get too dry or old I am the throw it out rather then break out type.....

Kris on Fri Mar 12, 11:27:00 PM 2010 said...

Thanks for the info! Every woman needs to know this. Following you via the 300 Followers Club at MBC. Stop by and visit when you get the chance at http://nobirthcontrol.blogspot.com.

Momma Chick on Sat Mar 13, 04:16:00 PM 2010 said...

I am all about the make-up and luckily I go through it all before they expire.

It's crazy how not many people know that makeup does expire. At least now more women (some men) know this now.

Unknown on Mon Mar 15, 09:49:00 PM 2010 said...

Good info! I throw away most things since I buy them use one time and then....not good :/

 

How long does your makeup last?

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities