Saturday, June 5, 2010

Little Skink's Tail Review



While Little Skink hunts yummy ants for breakfast, she suddenly is attacked by a crow! But the little lizard has a trick to escape–she snaps off her bright blue tail, and it keeps on wiggling! Readers will enjoy pretending with her as she tries on the tails of other forest animals. One is too puffy-fluffy; another too stinky! Then one day Little Skink gets a big surprise . . . and she doesn't have to dream of tails anymore! The book encourages children to be comfortable with themselves as they are and also includes lots of science.

A "For Creative Minds" section at the back of the book features a mix-and-match tail activity, footprint map, and information on tail adaptations.

My Thoughts - It's no surprise that this book won The Mom's Choice Awards Honoring Excellence. It is beautifully written and has amazing illustrations. This book quickly became my daughters' favorite. My favorite part was that it's educational. It got them thinking, asking questions, and they really enjoyed the creative mind exercises at the back of the book. There is even a website to go and print up worksheets to go along it.  
 
I found this book is great for preschools or play groups too.It really holds the little one's attention.

Visit Janet Halfmann's website to see her other wonderful books!

Buy Little Skink's Tale




Disclaimer - I received this book for my honest opinion, no other compensation was received.
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

3 comments:

flmom on Sat Jun 05, 02:36:00 PM 2010 said...

Sounds like one my little guy would really enjoy!

flmom on Sat Jun 05, 05:05:00 PM 2010 said...

To answer your question about Rapadura - http://www.rapunzel.com/products/rapunzel/rapunzel_baking_rapadura.html I usually link it when I post a recipe and see I failed to do so on my homemade pizza - oops! It's an unrefined and unbleached whole cane sugar. It's available at stores like Whole Foods, Earth Fare, and small natural foods markets.

Janet Halfmann: http://www.janethalfmannauthor.com on Mon Jun 07, 11:30:00 AM 2010 said...

Thanks so much for the great review. Reading that the book became your daughter's favorite sure made my day! I'm so happy that she liked it! Thanks again.

 

Little Skink's Tail Review

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities