Saturday, June 26, 2010

Out of the Mouth of babes





This is my youngest, my sweet baby who is 3. She says what is on her mind, no matter who is around.
This can become quite embarrassing.
When I tell my husband this he laughs and thinks it's hilarious. I almost named this post revenge on daddy....

My husband went to the grocery store with us the other day, which he NEVER does so that in it's 
self was an experience. When we were leaving we saw a lady (I use this term loosely), let's called her Granny Hooters.

Granny Hooters was possibly a Hooters girl 20 yrs ago and comfortably fit into her outfit maybe 12yrs ago. She was decked out in her Hooster's attire.
My husband said to me 'Do you see her butt hanging out of her shorts?'

Well my little one, sweet baby said 'Wow, her butt is sticking out. Mom, do you see her butt?'

I ignore her because we are quickly approaching 'Daddy, her butt is hanging out, do you see that?'

Daddy ignores her. Granny Hooters is leaning into her trunk, whole butt almost out now and where is she parked? You guessed it RIGHT next to our truck!

Sweet baby 'Dad, didn't you say her butt was hanging out, Dad. Hey dad...' over and over again. I am dying laughing, I run behind my other daughter who is lost to the conversation and I grab her running to our side of the truck. I peek out and Granny Hooters is making eyes and smiling at my husband as sweet baby is telling her that her butt's hanging out.

Lesson's learned on this shopping trip - 
Daddy needs to whisper or keep his comments to himself.
Granny needs to dress appropriately although I'm sure cougar wanted the attention.
Shoving a lolly pop in your 3yr olds mouth is okay for situations like this! (she doesn't eat candy hardly ever so she would relish it and keep her mouth shut..... or it would provoke her to say more outrageous things to get candy - she couldn't be that smart could she?)

Photobucket

Mandie Stevens is owner of Taking Time for Mommy & Mommy Reads too Much. She's a homeschooling mom of 2 girls and believes every mom should take a little time for herself.

Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

4 comments:

Martha Lawson on Sat Jun 26, 11:02:00 PM 2010 said...

Loved this!!!

Midnite Skys on Sun Jun 27, 01:12:00 AM 2010 said...

My ex was married before we got married. His sweet little girl taught me before having children this lesson. My favorite was when this older woman was pinching her cheeks. Little one screams "Dad get this crazy old lady off my face"

Unknown on Mon Jun 28, 05:26:00 PM 2010 said...

OMG hilarious and embarrassing at the same time!!!!

My 6yo boy still haven't learned to close the door of the bathroom while going.....you guessed, even in public bathrooms!!!!!

Luvdaylilies on Sat Jul 03, 09:25:00 PM 2010 said...

I just loved reading this! I laughed until I had cried; you see I have a daughter who would've done exactly the same thing~she read the post with me & we both enjoyed a laugh=)
Think your hubby learned from the experience?
Lethea

 

Out of the Mouth of babes

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities