Friday, February 26, 2010

How to sneak spinach into your children's food

Dark leafy greens such as spinach are good for your eyes, blood pressure,
strengthens muscles, helps protect skin, and have anti cancerous properties and these
are just a few things spinach is good for. It's rich in minerals like potassium, manganese, zinc,
magnesium, iron, and calcium. Vitamins like folate, niacin, vitamins A, B6 and C. Spinach is packed full on beta carotene, lutein, thiamine, riboflavin, and much much more!
Spinach is so good for you that you should even give it to infants. It is rich in protein, vitamins
and mineral, and phytonutrients resulting in proportionate development in their growing stages.
As good for you as spinach is kids, that doesn't matter to kids. They think eeww.
Growing up I never new spinach could actually taste good, I only had it out of the can and warmed up on the stove and yes, it was eeww!
In my home, it's only fresh spinach. Either out of our garden or organically from the grocery store. I've incorporated some ways to sneak it into my children's food.
1. I layer it on pizza with tomatoes, garlic, and cheese
2. I add it to pasta dishes like their favrite mac and cheese or linguinie alfredo
3. Instead of lettuce I'll use spinach for their sandwiches.
4. I put it in their soups along with many other veggies.
5. I make small salads out of it, adding their favorite fruits
6. Just tell them they can be strong like Popeye (but then you need to explain who he is lol)

Photobucket

Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

2 comments:

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip on Fri Feb 26, 02:51:00 PM 2010 said...

I'm so lucky because my Nino actually loves spinach. We eat it on pizza and in calzones and pasta and everything. Great post! Gotta love that spinach!

Joey Lynn Resciniti on Sat Feb 27, 02:21:00 PM 2010 said...

I make chicken spinach calzones that my daughter scarfs down. Other than that she thinks the green is yucky. I guess you just have to keep trying!

 

How to sneak spinach into your children's food

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities