Friday, December 11, 2009

Crab and Corn Bisque - Hmmm Yum!

We eat a lot of soups during the Winter and this is one of my favorite recipes. I just made it the other night. One of my Favorite Recipes out of MY FAVORITE cookbook EVER! Seasonal Florida - A Taste of Life in North Florida. It has all of the recipes I've grown up with.

Ingredients you will need -
1 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of All-purpose flour
4 cups of Shrimp stock - (I used Clam juice and the juice from canned crab)
4 ears of fresh corn cut from the cob (or 1 can of corn, drained)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 lb lump crab meat (I bought canned)
Salt and black pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg (I didn't use fresh)
Dry Sherry if desired
1 cup green onions chopped finely

Melt butter in heavy-bottomed pot over low heat. When melted, stir in the flour. Stir constantly to remove all lumps, cook 3-5 mins. Do not let mixture brown. Stir in the shrimp stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 mins. Stir occasionally. Add corn, stir, and cook 10 mins. Add the cayenne and cream and heat through. Gently stir in the crab, salt and pepper. Remove from heat, taste for additional seasoning. Ladle into serving bowls and add a couple of gratings of nutmeg, sprinkle with sherry and green onions.


Photobucket





Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

5 comments:

rinelle on Fri Dec 11, 08:17:00 PM 2009 said...

Have a nice weekend! God Bless!

Stacie on Sat Dec 12, 01:52:00 PM 2009 said...

This sounds fantastic. I love soup. I think I am going to have to try this minus the crab since I am allergic to seafood.

Blia on Sat Dec 12, 05:18:00 PM 2009 said...

Hi,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to visit in a while. This recipe looks very yummy though. Crabmeat is one of my favorites! I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Shelley on Mon Dec 14, 05:41:00 PM 2009 said...

Hi Mandie! Thanks for the follow! I'm a new follower of yours :) Awesome blog!

We make ALOT of soup in the winter, too. I'm actually making chicken noodle soup tomorrow. I have been looking for a good "cream of crab" soup...this sounds yummy! Thanks :)

~Shelley

Stefanie on Fri Dec 25, 05:22:00 PM 2009 said...

Yummmm!! Love crab and corn bisque but never found a good recipe. Will have to give this a try :) Thanks...

Have a happy New Year!

Stefanie from http://pediatricsafety.net

(...stopping by from MBC and now following you)

 

Crab and Corn Bisque - Hmmm Yum!

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities