Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Apple Raisin Oat French Toast with Cranberry Sauce

Apple Raisin Oat French Toast with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
by Mandie Stevens

Sunday morning I made a delicious breakfast. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture and this picture is the closest I could find. I made Raisin, apple, oat bread the night before and made French toast out of it in the morning with a cranberry sauce instead of syrup. Did I mention it was delicious?

Here is the recipe for the bread. Like I said earlier, I made it the night before using my bread maker.

1 -2/3 cup of apple juice (I actually used apple cider)
4 ¼ cups bread flour (I used ½ & ½ wheat & bread flour)
1 tbsp Sugar (I used raw honey, you can also use brown sugar to make it a little healthier)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 cup Oats
3 tsp Rapid Rise yeast for the Quick setting

When it beeped I added 1 cup of Raisins and 1 cup of Apples (you are suppose to use dried but I didn’t)

The next morning I made French Toast out of them, if you aren’t familiar with making French Toast, here is an easy Recipe –
3 Eggs
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp Sugar (once again I used the raw honey)
¼ tsp Vanilla
Bread

1. Beat eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla with beater until smooth.

2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium – low hear or to 375. Grease griddle with butter if you need to.

3. Dip your bread into the egg mixture. Place on Griddle. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Cranberry Sauce – I made this just like I would for my Thanksgiving dinner…
1 bag off cranberries
1 cup of Sugar (I used Raw Honey)
1 cup of water

Cook it down, takes about 10 mins. You may want to add more sugar, I like it a little tart.
Enjoy!
Photobucket
Mandie Stevens is founder of Taking Time for Mommy. She is a homeschooling mom of 2 girls. When she isn't writing she spends her time at the beach, making crafts, playing in the garden, and reading entirely too much. Her specialities are frugal and natural living.
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

0 comments:

 

Apple Raisin Oat French Toast with Cranberry Sauce

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities