Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home made Donuts - My mouth is watering just thinking about it!


I absolutely LOVE donuts (or doughnuts as my wonderful husband points out.)
I can polish off a dozen by myself so I don't make them or buy them very often. But when I do I gorge on them. In my sugar coma, I feel like I'm have my own little slice of Heaven.

Here is a Recipe I use from Cooks.com
1 c. milk, scalded
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 pkg. yeast
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg
Confectioners' sugar

Pour milk over butter and sugars; stir until melted and cool to lukewarm. Add yeast, stirring until dissolved. Sift flour, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add half the dry mixture to milk; add egg and beat well. Add remaining flour and leave dough in warm place for 1 hour. Knead gently, roll to quarter inch thickness and cut into diamonds. Allow to rise 30 minutes to 1 hour. Fry in deep fat, 375 degrees and dust with confectioners' sugar or use confectioners' sugar glaze if desired.
Make sure you don't put too many into the fry.
Here is a video to help you along :)

Photobucket
Enter to Win Giveaways Ending Soon
We Love Comments
Share This

3 comments:

Stacie on Sat Jan 30, 09:31:00 PM 2010 said...

I have to get a new deep fryer. I tried to make my own donuts once. I don't remember how they turned out. These sound so good.

Everydaymoms on Mon Feb 01, 04:12:00 PM 2010 said...

This sounds SOO good. I'm with you on eating an entire dozen myself. I try not to buy them unless we're having guests over. I'll have to try these.

Lacey Cormier on Thu Feb 04, 11:57:00 PM 2010 said...

This so wonderful!! If I could learn how to make doughnuts, then I would also not have to buy them from the supermarket all the time...How did you do it?you mentioned something about a recipe?is it there?coz Ive been so busy lately with my sister's elisa kits and my jarring workschedule..

 

Home made Donuts - My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Taking Time for Mommy is an Online Magazine offering recipes, giveaways, reviews, and more. Content Copyright © 2011 Taking Time For Mommy.

Layout Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities